Documents

» Show All     «Prev «1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 68» Next»     » Slide Show

Loading...





Map: Wandlass Place, Southwick, Durham, England

Probably named after John Wandlass (1792-1875), a shipowner who lived there (s/o John Wandlass & Jane Brown). A set of buildings called Wandlass Place appears in each census from 1841 through 1891 and on several maps from 1855 onwards, but on the 1895 O.S. map they are just shown as part of Fern Avenue, just north east of Southwick Parish Church, which is where you can find what appear to be three of the original buildings today. In the LDS version of the 1881 census they have been transcribed as "Handlass St."." This picture is from an 1880 map which appears to be an identical (but better quality) reprint of an 1855 map.


Owner/SourceTony Palmer
File namemap-WandlassPlace-Southwick-Durham.gif
File Size43.13k
Dimensions1000 x 714
Linked toJohn Wandlass

» Show All     «Prev «1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 68» Next»     » Slide Show